These Terms and Conditions concern only those who are registered as members of NOSTER and those who register as guest users.
Registration of new members (Membership Registration Form)
1. MA students (in a two-year ReMA or a three-year MA programme), PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers and assistant, associate, extraordinary and full professors working at an institution participating in NOSTER can become a member of NOSTER. They do not register themselves but are registered by an official of their institution (e.g., the coordinator of their graduate school, the director or coordinator of their research institute or the executive secretary of their university). By filling out the Membership Registration Form, this official
a. confirms that the person they are registering has requested them to do so;
b. confirms that their institution will pay €500 for the membership of an MA student following a three-year MA programme, €1,000 for the membership of a (regular) PhD candidate or €500 for the membership of an external PhD candidate (no membership fee is required for ReMA students, postdoctoral researchers and assistant, associate, extraordinary and full professors);
c. if they register an MA student following a three-year MA programme: agrees to send a separate e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with an accompanying letter recommending the student and explaining that they follow a research track within their programme (with at least 45 EC for research modules and thesis writing);
d. if they register an external PhD candidate: agrees to inform the NOSTER office within a year about the approvement of this PhD candidate’s Training and Supervision Plan, and is aware that if this plan has not been approved by the graduate school within a year, membership will end and NOSTER will then reimburse 50% of the membership fee.
2. Immediately after this official has submitted a registration, the new member receives an automated e-mail at the address provided, in which they are informed about this registration and the Privacy Statement.
3. For (Re)MA students and PhD candidates, membership ends after their graduation; for postdoctoral researchers and assistant, associate, extraordinary and full professors, it ends when their contract has ended. However, NOSTER is not automatically informed about this by the institutions. Therefore, NOSTER encourages members to inform the NOSTER office directly about these changes. Moreover, NOSTER annually sends a list of all members per institution to check who has graduated or whose contract has ended.
4. Members can also request to end their registration earlier. However, (Re)MA students and PhD candidates should bear in mind that after their membership has ended, NOSTER can no longer create a Record of Courses for them.
Registration of guest users (Guest Registration Form)
1. ReMA students and PhD candidates who cannot or do not want to become a member of NOSTER but still want to participate in one or more modules at NOSTER can become a guest user by registering themselves through the Guest Registration Form.
2. The guest user registration ends after their graduation. However, NOSTER is not automatically informed about this by the institutions. Therefore, NOSTER encourages guest users to inform the NOSTER office directly about their graduation.
3. Guest users can also request to end their registration earlier, but they should bear in mind that after their registration has ended, NOSTER can no longer create a Record of Courses for them.